Eaton in Sherman, TX is seeking a full-time Industrial Grinder and Spot Welder to work first shift. Primary responsibilities include spot-welding various sizes of enclosures, ensuring with quality and efficiency.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Grind and polish metal
- Spot weld equipment, weld appropriate parts together based on specifications.
- Run samples and check product quality against prints.
- Adjust spot welder to properly weld material based on thickness and finish.
- Perform all quality checks, fill out Daily Activity Reports and enter time recording in SAP.
- Change welding tips as necessary.
- Perform 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Sherman, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Spot-welding experience
- Basic computer skills
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally to frequently (33-66%) and up to 75 lbs. occasionally by stooping, reaching, bending
- Ability to stand for eight hours plus and perform repetitious tasks
- Ability to read blueprints and use simple measuring tools
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and close attention to detail
- Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product
- Ability to reach, grasp and manipulate
- Ability to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays, as needed by the business
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No