The primary focus will be to maintain a safe and clean shop environment, incorporating Lean techniques. The primary responsibilities will be for sub assembly and final assembly of major machines and parts order components.
Essential Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Follow direction provided by Floor Supervisor or designee.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing, all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective and McLanahan equipment as required.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organization’s core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawing and blue prints.
- Maintain a clean work area utilizing 5S principles and daily organizational skills.
- Ability to use various hand measuring tools as well as hand and power tools required to ensure tolerance and specifications are met.
- Ability to mig weld components according to drawings and specifications.
- Ability to identify assembly components and hardware.
- Operate motorized material moving equipment to transport materials to designated areas.
- Operate and perform visual inspections on assemblies ensuring quality standards have been met.
- Operate and perform visual inspection for overhead crane and/or jib hoist ensure proper and safe utilization.
- Perform functions at an elevated height, according to procedure.
- Ability to cross train in assembly/ final assembly.
- Ability to prep weldments and assembly for shipment.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) – five (5) years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- One (1) year of technical training in an industrial setting.
- One (1) year of blue print reading experience.
- Demonstrated Mechanical aptitude.
- Stable work experience, demonstrated positive behavior.
- Computer literacy primary for attendance and job tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to successfully reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
This position description outlines the major duties performed but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned/performed as needed and determined by management. This position description is subject to change at any time.
This position is typically located in a manufacturing environment and requires sitting and standing for long periods of time. The position requires ambulatory skills sufficient to travel domestically. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, visual acuity to use a keyboard, and maneuver materials (lift, carry, move, etc…) as assigned. Requires the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of both verbal and written communication.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.