Are you an energetic and dependable employee that takes pride in your craft? Are you able to perform your job with little oversite? Can you follow documented procedures and adhere to specific guidelines? Are you able to work through problems and see them through to closure? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and growing aerospace manufacturing business? If so, Essner Manufacturing is looking for a qualified Welder to join our team to perform welding operations on numerous types of alloys.
Essner is seeking a skilled welder to perform welding operations on numerous alloys for Aerospace applications. The ideal team member will have proven experience as a Welder with a track record of being able to weld to different types of alloys while following specific documented procedures.
If this is an accurate description of who you are, please complete our application at the following link:
If this does not describe you, please do not apply – this role is not a good fit.
Essner Manufacturing (www.essner.com) is a growing company based in Ft. Worth, TX supplying precision CNC machined and sheet metal components as well as complex small to medium sized sub-assemblies to the aerospace and defense industries. We offer competitive benefits, 401K, PTO, flexible holiday policy and education reimbursement.
Weld Shop Supervisor
- Must be AWS D17.1 qualified within 3 months of employment.
- Welder performs a variety of approved welding techniques to required tolerances per engineering specifications.
- Reads, interprets and understands product and process drawings, procedures, weld symbols, and quality requirements and applies this to work performed.
- Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems.
- Ability to weld components from mechanical drawings, blueprints and written specifications
- Makes adjustments, within procedural limits, to fine-tune the process in order to achieve product conformance.
- Documents and logs all parts as necessary and maintains all required paperwork in an accurate and current manner.
- Accurately inspects and appropriately processes all work performed.
- Ability to successfully complete rework in a timely fashion.
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized, clean and FOD-free manner
- Obtains and maintains all required qualifications and certifications in material groups, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IV and VI.
- Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements
- Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments
- Gains ability to perform basic set-up
- Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various alloys.
- Must be able to successfully pass a vision exam to acceptable standards (with corrective lenses). NEAR VISION: Jaeger two (2) at sixteen (16) inches or greater. Titmus 2a Vision Screener. FAR VISIONa: 20/25 or better – Titmus2a Vision Schreener. COLOR PERCEPTION: Average / Normal – Titmus 2a Vision Screener or the Ishihara Test Book of color blindness.
- Requires High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Six (6) years of verifiable welding experience including, TIG welding for stainless, Inconel, and titanium.
- CWI certification from American Welding Society (AWS)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ten (10) years of verifiable welding experience including, TIG welding for stainless, Inconel, and titanium.
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) experience with aerospace or precision fabrications desired (sheet to sheet, tube to sheet, tube to tube).
- Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.