Are you a welder with a high level of technical skill and an ability to operate machine shop equipment? Are you comfortable with both MIG and TIG welding for custom and small batch production? Do you want to be able to take a shop drawing, get materials, and be responsible for the project from start to finish? We are looking for someone who can take charge and see a project through.
- Permanent opportunity with a local company
- Pay range of $24-$29 depending on experience
- Working closely with a tight-knit team
- Monday to Friday 7am-4pm (flexible)
- Work on mostly custom or small batch production
Responsibilities of the Custom Shop Welder
- Reading blueprints and shop drawings to determine materials needed
- Ensuring that enough material is available and ordering additional material as needed
- Maintaining a consistent weld
- Operate standard shop machinery such as brake press, punch, CNC lathe and mill
- Keep a focus on health and safety for yourself and those around you
- 3-5 years of experience working with MIG and/or TIG
- Must have great communication skills as it is a small team
- Experience working with shears, press, and other machine shop tools
- French is an asset, not a requirement
- Be comfortable working on a new project every day
If you or anyone you know are interested, please contact us right away! This position is to start right immediately and we want to hear from you!
Visiting www.randstad.ca and applying through the posting
Emailing us at: [email protected]
Calling us at: 613.726.0220 ext 3 and ask for Tommy or Natacha
We appreciate all applications, however, only those who meet the requirements for the position of Custom Shop Welder will be contacted.
However, we do staff for various permanent and temporary opportunities. Please visit Randstad.ca to create a profile and upload your resume!
Did you know that we have a Facebook page? Visit us at facebook.com/SkilledTradesOttawa to be the first to learn about new jobs, great tips, and all the resources to help you on your journey.