Requisition ID: 6548
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles (“RVs”) and luxury buses). REV’s brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
SCOPE: Perform welds on heavy gauge steel components to exacting specifications, as part of the manufacture of large, custom, special purpose vehicles, working within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
- Maintain welding certifications to ensure compliance with E-ONE/NFPA specification.
- Work from shop orders, specifications, prints and instructions.
- Review material and product requirements; ensure that parts are cut and prepared as prescribed.
- Set parts in assembly fixture, position, layout and clamp in place in specified orientation to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- Select welding parameters per specified weld procedures. Work in teams and follow work instructions to ensure that heat is contained in limited area to minimize unit distortion.
- Fit, tack, and weld joints in specific locations with designated welding procedure specifications and configuration to ensure compliance with internal standards.
- Manipulate large, heavy units as required to accommodate efficient welding operations.
- Make visual and dimensional check of work and document as required. Move work to succeeding work area to maintain workflow. Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Support training and orientation programs for new and transferring employees and report on results.
- The welder is solely responsible for his or her weld quality, which will be inspected by co-workers, E-One Quality Department, or an outside third party agency. The company will utilize audits and operator quality tracking to ensure consistency in quality of welds, at E-One.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain workflow or respond to production requirements.
Follow safety rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility and notify supervisor of unusual operating conditions.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures and policies and assist with the training and orientation of new or transferred employees as directed.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Hand and hand power tools, tape measure, level, welding machines, fixtures, overhead cranes.
SAFETY: Follow E-ONE General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
- QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the company’s quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate. Follow the 3 Don’ts: 1) Don’t accept poor quality; 2) Don’t make poor quality; 3) Don’t pass poor quality.
FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
- INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of E-ONE. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product quality, processes, safety, and company profitability. Submit these implemented improvements utilizing our Minor Kaizen process.
TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of E-ONE and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
Lean: To daily utilize your skills and experience to eliminate waste and continually improve your process. Additionally, develop your knowledge of Lean through supporting your area in maintaining the highest levels of 5S; utilizing visual management tools that highlight problems and solve those problems for true root cause; participate and support kaizen events; and participating in the Lean Certification and Minor Kaizen programs.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies. Work towards obtaining your Bronze Lean Certification.
LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability, and meet long-term business goals.
ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- High school graduate or General Education Diploma.
- Math and blueprint reading skills
- Must be able to pass 2G Carbon Steel GMAW certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must be maintain certification according to AWS certification.
- Must also have the ability to read and understand basic assembly prints, weld symbols and measure dimensions
- Must know basic skills in area of interest of position applying to
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Commitment to E-ONE quality standards
- Must be knowledgeable in Lean Methodologies.
- Good problem solving skills
Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching/Crawling/Reaching – Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Must be physically capable of participating in companywide stretches at 7:00AM and 11:15AM daily.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of fire rescue vehicles with more than 23,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovation, bringing new technologies to the market that exceed our customer’s expectations.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the “CCPA”), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.