Location – Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
Rates of pay – competitive
*** Exciting opportunities for qualified Fabricators to join a leading UK Marine Engineering business***
Our client, Babcock International is seeking to source for their site at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth.
Candidates will be required to apply for SC level security clearance, if you already hold this clearance please state at time of application.
Ideal candidates will have experience in Naval, Shipbuilding or Submarine manufacture.
Work to be carried out on the refit of St Albans and Iron Duke.
- Indentured Apprenticeship relevant to the role
- Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related
- Level 3 Engineering qualification, relevant to the role
General fabrication, plating and minor welding skills
- Competent to work within multi – trade teams to co – ordinate these structural alterations.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre – fit examinations of bulkheads and marine structural systems.
- Manufacture structural modules from engineering drawings.
- Competent at burning and the use of Oxy – Fuel burning tools.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the roles such as the use of grinders or disc cutters.
- Be able to fabricate or alter structures in a variety of metals and thickness.
- Cleaning up of own work arising.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual’s competence as directed by the Company.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.