We are looking for a General Laborer to take up manual labor tasks and support operations in worksites.
One of the most important general laborer responsibilities is to collect trash, debris, and other waste to keep the site clean and safe. You’ll also get to handle power tools and materials (such as saws and drills). We’d like you to have include stamina and the ability to lift heavy loads. You should be able to concentrate on performing your tasks and commit to safety rules. If you fit this description, and you’re also interested in doing tough but important work, we’d like to meet you.
Site Address: 3595 W17th Ave, Vancouver.
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material.
- Assist welders, carpenters, painters or other tradespeople on-site.
- Handle and transport materials (e.g. cement) and equipment (e.g. drills and grinders).
- Use power tools and machinery (e.g. forklifts) when needed.
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. digging, stacking up goods).
- Put up warning signs (e.g. signposts, cones) for vehicles and passersby.
- Help with setting up and transferring temporary structures (e.g. scaffolding).
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds, etc.).
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to safety rules.
- Apprenticeship or specialization is an asset, but not necessary.
- Competitive salary.
- Salary increase based on performance.
- Recognition programs.
- Advanced technology tools.
- Stable work-life balance.
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- A positive and fun corporate culture while maintaining accountability.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
- Career Development Programs.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Group Insurance Plan.
- Extended Health Care.
- Eye Vision Coverage.
- Dental Insurance.
- Critical Illness Insurance.
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance.
- Best Doctors.
- Right Directions Employee Assistance Program.
- Registered Retirement Savings Program.
New City Contracting strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, New City Contracting will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout employment.
About New City Contracting Ltd.:
New City Contracting fosters excellence from the ground up by hiring the brightest minds in the industry, investing in their growth, and pushing each other to expand our limits. Our company demonstrates a team of teams approach with a high level of engagement from management and field operations in pre-construction work efforts. We are guided by our mission and values and offer a dynamic work environment.At New City Contracting, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. New City Contracting offers competitive compensation packages and an exciting career growth with entrepreneurial road-map. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.We are seeking the right talent to join our progressive and growth-minded building envelop maintenance services company. We are focused on BC housing projects, institutional and residential complexes. Along with being on the leading-edge in our industry, we also invest in our people, encourage their growth and support them in reaching their full potential. Because when our employees are at their best, they help move our entire organization forward – this is at the heart of the New City Contracting philosophy.