The Hollow Metal Fabricator Trainee position will be able to complete the following duties, but not limited to:
- Read drawings and schedules with an attention to detail;
- Familiarity with imperial and metric dimensions;
- Comfortable and safe handling of power tools;
- History of reliable work
In order to complete the following tasks:
- Fabricate hollow metal frames and doors based on drawings with an extremely high degree of accuracy;
- Request verification when there is a contradiction;
- Move and store products in a safe and organized manner;
- Work with the shop manager, estimator(s), project manager(s), project coordinator(s), and delivery drivers in order to meet strict deadlines;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Lifting is a requirement of this job.
Please note that we will be providing training for the role and our industry.
- Friendly and professional individual;
- Quick learner and a willingness to learn;
- Above average interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset but not a requirement;
- Forklift training is considered an asset;
- Comfortable using power tools, knows how to read a measuring tape;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, work under pressure, and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized;
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: N00B-HMF
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The location is an employee only area. A screener and temperature check must be completed by all employees entering the premises prior to starting to work. Masks mandatory for all non-distanced in-house meetings.