- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary.
- Respond promptly to all service requests as it relates to all equipment within the facility.
- Performs fabrication, erection of processing equipment and repair to processing equipment.
- Ability to perform basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
- Read schematics, drawings, and manuals.
- Support facility maintenance equipment.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
- Maintain organized documentation, inspection records, etc.
- Provide support to process improvement projects
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Physical Requirements: The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time (duration of the shift, 8 hours or more); walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; bend continuously; or crawl. The incumbent must be able to climb stairs and ladders or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift; and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to push/pull/lift and/or move 50 pounds. The incumbent must operate light motorized equipment, hand and power tools skillfully and safely.
Work Environment: The employee is occasionally exposed to wet/cold conditions of -30F – +36F degrees and also at times hot conditions; high, precarious places (ex: 25 feet above ground level for extended hours); and outside weather conditions (rooftop). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud, which may require hearing protection.
- Must possess proficient mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting skills and emergency repair skills; ability to identify and repair problematic issues concerning all equipment and machinery, including finding innovative solutions to recurrent problems
- Ability to demonstrate proficient fabrication and welding skills (Stainless Steel – TIG)
- Must work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to demonstrate math skills as part of the daily activities such as fractions, decimals, percentages and the metric system.
- Ability to understand schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw conclusions
- Familiarity with preventive and reliability based maintenance
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to use multi-meter and other measurement instruments considered a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC controls, such as Allen-Bradley considered a plus
- Food processing industry experience considered a plus
· Food processing industry experience
· Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with high speed processing, packaging, weighing, filling and inspection equipment
Position Education & Training Preferred
- Minimum of a High School diploma/GED, some Technical School coursework, or Mechanical Certification (must have at least one of these three items to be considered)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Industrial Mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly