WE ARE HIRING FOR A JUNIOR WELDER LABOURER!
Lock-Block Ltd. has one of the largest concrete recycling facilities in Canada. We are looking for a junior Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facility.
Job Type: Full Time- 40 hours per week
WHY WORK FOR LOCK-BLOCK LTD?
· Full-time, Permanent, Secure employment
· Competitive Wages
· Employee Benefits (Medical, Dental, Extended Health, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, RRSP matching, etc.)
· Company provided PPE, coveralls, etc.
· Paid overtime
· Annual bonuses
· In-house Training Program and Support for Additional Training
· Company-sponsored social events
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
· Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
· Set up components for welding according to specifications.
· Welding in the flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead position
· Secure necessary jigs and fixtures, filler material to properly perform welding operations.
· Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
· Lift, move, and hold or clamp work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed manually.
· Operate a forklift to move materials, products and equipment.
· Maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment’s etc.
· Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
· Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
· Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
· Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
· Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
· Perform safe work practices.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits.
· Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
· Adhere to all quality control/assurance procedures.
· Other assigned work as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· At least 1 year of experience performing basic welding tasks.
· Having a forklift ticket is an asset.
· Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
· Must be qualified to work in a safety sensitive environment.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
· Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
· A high commitment to personal safety and the safety of others.
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
· Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
· Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Please apply with your resume indicating Junior Welder in the subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Lock-Block Ltd.
The launch of the Lock-Block ™ modular system in 1984 revolutionized the retaining wall industry to a point where our product is now the preferred choice for many applications for both permanent and temporary structures as high as 12m (40ft). We began our operation with one thing in mind: the environment. We started out making retaining wall units from left-over concrete to keep it from the landfill and that vision has evolved and grown in the 34 year span of the company. We have developed a method of turning rubble concrete into reusable aggregates for road bases and producing fresh concrete. This process provides for LEED credits and keeps waste material from our landfills. Now, we have the ability to make Lock-Block ™ units with 100% recycled aggregates at any specified compressive strength.
We are about to launch a new Roman Arch style product that has the potential to drastically alter the world-wide construction industry for applications such as bridges, tunnels, highway overpasses, hurricane shelters, wine cellars and countless other uses. Our new system promises to be cheaper, faster to build, and provide a service life-span of many multiples of the current 85 year design life standard that is currently available. (Some Roman arch structures have been in place for 3,000 years).
For more information please visit our website, www.lockblock.com . Additionally, to learn more about our products and technology please check out our videos at https://youtube.com/LockBlockLtd .
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- welding: 1 year (Required)