The Cherubini Metal Works Junior Welder / Labourer will be required to perform tasks involving physical labour at the fabrication shop and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. Responsibilities will include the cleaning and preparation of projects, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up debris and removal of waste materials. Must be capable of operating a variety of equipment. During the incumbent’s time as the Junior Welder / Labourer, he/she will perform tasks associated with the position of labourer while gaining the skills, experience, and education required to perform the role of Welder.
· Planning and Organizing
· Safety Oriented
· Quality Oriented
· Clean and perform preparation of work area.
· Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
· Operating overhead cranes with or without load attached
· Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment.
· Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
· Clean and prepare work area to eliminate possible hazards.
· Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
· Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
· Use tools and equipment as assigned.
· Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
· Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
· Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
· Operate brazing and soldering equipment
· Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
· Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
· Maintain safe work practices
· Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
· Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
· Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use
· Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
· Other assigned work as required
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
· 1-3 years’ experience as a Welder
· CWB tickets (all positions)
· Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Experience with routine maintenance operations
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Able to work well under pressure
· Strong attention to detail
· 24/7 availability may be required
· Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
· Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
· Overtime as required
· Hazards associated with the trade
· Work both indoors and outdoors
· Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift