Kiewit is looking for Pressure Welders for the Trans Mountain Expansion Project, located in Burnaby, BC. In this role, they will be welding carbon steel, and when they are not actively welding, they will be assisting pipeline trades.
Why should you apply?
- Minimum 2 hours of overtime pay every day
- Accrue a retention bonus after 3 months
- Long term 3 year construction project
- LOA and rotation may be available
- Training and opportunity for career advancement
- Regular shift: Monday – Friday, 10 hours, overtime after 8 hours everyday
- Depending on work, there may be additional overtime required
- Valid BCP-100 Welding Certificate
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a pressure welder
- Previous pipeline or facility experience is an asset
- Pipefitter certification is an asset
- Please list all valid safety tickets on resume
- Upon an offer, all candidates must be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol and Fit for Work test
The Trans Mountain Expansion Project is a Kiewit and Ledcor Partnership, which includes 35km of pipeline from Langley to Burnaby and includes four terminals. This is a multi-billion dollar project that is estimated to take 3+ years to complete.
As one of North America’s largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time