Position Title: Fabrication Supervisor
Reports To: Manager, Manufacturing
A supervisor is an employee whose primary duty is the management of an organizational unit within which the supervisor regularly directs the work of other employees. The supervisor regularly makes decisions with respect to the execution of work within the unit. A supervisor accomplishes results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and analyzing the actual results, of work performed, versus the budgeted targets.
· Ensuring that all work is performed in a safe manner, and that all employees comply with Flexitallic’s safety rules.
· Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
· With the aid of the lead, schedule any large maintenance projects so that there is minimal impact to daily operations.
· Performs WO variance analysis of the WOs closed in their department to determine the accuracy of the BOMs, routings, and to understand the efficiency of their team and its actual performance.
· Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
· Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
· Receive complaints and resolve problems.
· Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
· Prepare and submit performance reports
· Hire and train new employees
· Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
· To make short action plans as a stepping stone to achieve targets.
· Assigning work to departments.
· Motivating, guiding and training subordinates.
· Preparing timely reports regarding the performance of the employees.
· Any changes of potential deviations in schedule are communicated to manager as soon as possible.
· Communication with customer’s and or inspectors when appropriate/needed.
· Organizing and developing employee schedules
· Monitoring work progress
· Monitoring expenses and supplies
· Overseeing operational logistics
· Provides scheduling, leading, organizing and control of the full range of fabrication operations and personnel matters.
· Ensures the fabrication operation performs at maximum capacity to meet business goals.
· Communicate to all employees the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies, expectations, annual goals and objectives.
· Inform all employees the Health, Safety and Environment Hazards, taking every reasonable precaution in the circumstances for the protection of workers and ensuring the workers use defined protective equipment devices.
· Be familiarized with the Canada and Alberta health, safety and environment Legislation.
· Train, manage and maintain a staff contingent sufficient to sustain operational peaks.
· Manage an efficient and profitable business unit within acceptable cost and margin parameters.
· Create and maintain active daily/weekly/monthly schedules.
· Conduct routines of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment activities with his/her direct reports, including safety walks, awareness, communications and key performance indicators meetings and campaigns, inspections, hazard reviews, trainings.
· Verify that all direct reports know and understand their obligations for Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
· Provide immediately report all critical injuries to the government department responsible for OH&S
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of employees
· Acts as a Subject Matter Expert during sales and marketing interfaces with existing or new potential customers.
· Coordinate with the maintenance department regarding execution preventative maintenance program for fabrication equipment.
· Ensure personnel are trained and capable of executing their daily duties.
· Lead and develop a positive, engaged and contributing workforce.
· Maintain a healthy and safe work place, ensuring compliance with standards and legislation.
· Operate and adhere to environmental management parameters as set out by the organization.
· Lead regular production toolbox and safety meetings.
· Maintain documentation as required.
· Communicate business and operational data to employees daily.
· Establish schedules and shifts as required to meet business requirements.
· Read and interpret drawings for translation to employees to ensure items are built to the customer’s specifications.
· Adhere to CWB codes and standards.
· Maintain a clean, organized shop environment.
· Determine and execute optimum manufacturing processes.
· Assistance in training employees in problem solving techniques and on-the-spot production troubleshooting.
Experience Qualifications and Related Skills:
· Strong inventory and production management skills
· Excellent verbal communication and strong documentation and written skills
· Strong collaboration and problem solving
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
· Comfort with changing priorities
· High attention to detail
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License
· Highly motivated and self-directed individual with the capability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
· Strong problem identification and problem solving skills
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
· Mechanically Inclined
· LEAN Manufacturing or similar quality certification
· Operations Supervision Certificate or Diploma
· Journeyman welding or plate fitting ticket, or related industrial experience
· CWB Welding Supervisor certification – level 1
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· High paced work environment with shifting priority
· 70% desk and computer and 30% on shop floor
· Routine noise and temperature extremes
· Occasional driving required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Supervisory: 4 years (Required)
- Scheduling orders: 4 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)