The primary purpose of this job is to support the goals and objectives of the Weld department through a sense of urgency and an eye for quality to ensure that all products are crafted to meet customer specifications. You will interchangeably use MIG and TIG welds on steel, stainless steel and aluminum products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Use of MIG outer shield wire and TIG welding on carbon and stainless steel required
- Knowledge of welding machines set-up based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specifications
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
- Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications
- Required to have proper and accurate entry in to the M1 data collection system.
- Actively participate in improving processes and systems.
- Promote a safe and clean work environment by continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- Work with personnel to clean the work area every day before leaving.
- Work productively as a team member with other employees fostering a strong team mentality
- Accurately follow OSHA guidelines and maintain compliance for all business obligations.
- Accurately follow ISO procedures.
- Consistently meet company set productivity guidelines
- Consistently follows all safety instructions
- Adheres to Earnest Products Values, Core Beliefs, and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Manual.
- Regular attendance is a necessary essential job function and required to meet company productivity standards
- Performs other tasks as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma is required
- Trade School Degree or 2 – 3 years welding experience may be required
- Strong background and experience in using a variety of fabrication tools; drills, grinders, precision measuring tools
- Experience in material fit-ups and layouts with stainless steel
- Welding certification a plus
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- The humidity level will be elevated during the summer months.
- Exposure to specific contaminants throughout work should be expected infrequently.
- Exposure to loud noise levels, earplugs are provided and recommended
- Safety glasses are required on the plant floor at all times.
- Steel toe or composite toe shoes recommended.
- Must have a full range of motion and be able to kneel and bend for extended periods as the task may require.
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs, and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- This position requires long periods of standing
- The use of safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, helmets, and hearing protection, is utilized daily.
- This position requires lifting and maneuvering 50lbs. Without physical restrictions and up to 70lbs. with the assistance of lifting equipment or other team members
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional mandatory overtime.
Earnest Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- MIG Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Aluminum Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Stainless Steel Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- TIG welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible