PLAN Contracting Ltd. (PLAN) is a locally owned construction firm located in Sooke, BC, a bedroom community to Victoria. Founded over 20 years ago, the company provides high quality excavation services to the local South Vancouver Island market. Our construction services include environmental remediation, development lot prep, service installation, retaining walls and more!
PLAN Contracting Ltd. is looking to add a full-time Plumber/Pipefitter to our construction team. This position directly reports to a Site Foreman/Project Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with positive attitude, who is punctual, very organized, has attention to detail, and has excellent time management skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Read drawings and accurately interpret and complete calculations
· Planning and sequencing of tasks and methods
· Measuring, cutting, grinding, beveling
· Assemble and install a variety of metal or non-metal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
· Hoisting and rigging using chain falls and come a longs
· Operating welding equipment and other job-related tools such as, pipe threaders, grinders, etc. to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
· Hydro testing, bolt up & torqueing
· Follow trade guidelines and regulations including provincial building codes
· Clearly communicate with Superintendents, Foremen, Lead hands and Team members
· Inspecting & Maintaining materials, equipment, and tools.
· Manage the installation of perimeter drains, septic/sewer systems, storm drains, and other outdoor plumbing and drainage projects
NOTE: this position does not include any interior plumbing work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Strong communication (Written & Verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to complete tasks alone and in team situations
· Valid Level 1 First Aid (or a plan to get Level 1 First Aid within 3 months)
· Have 2+ year in the construction industry with an understanding of onsite processes
· Proven experience as a pipefitter/plumber
· Knowledge of health and safety guidelines when dealing with dangerous equipment or chemicals
· Good numerical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Upon completion of a probationary period (3 months), the applicant will be eligible for company work attire (work pants, boots, vests etc.), health care plan, paid training, and other benefits.
PLAN is looking for individuals who are motivated and willing to learn and grow.
Please note that our office/works yard is located in Sooke and our projects span across Vancouver Island. Applications without a resume will not be reviewed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday