Reference ID: 825
Category: Construction / Laborer
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM), is currently looking for Equipment Operators with Poly Welding experience (A plus) to join our team in Amarillo, TX.
This position will serve in Amarillo, TX.
- Will be responsible for backhoe / excavating the job site
- Providing blade work, finish grading
- Removing and laying underground pipe, utilities
- Responsible for installing new PRATT PIVA’s in new lead-ins
- Installing new HDPE pipe between existing HDPE pipe and building / bay fire system risers
- Installing trace wires and utility signs marking pipe locations
- Responsible for flush, hydrostatic testing, in-service leak testing and performing preventative maintenance procedures on all new piping and components as indicated on applicable drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Backhoe / Excavating experience
- Finish grading experience, blade work
- Prior experience with utilities, laying, removing and repairing underground pipes.
- Experience in fusion of HDPE Poly Pipe ranging from 4” to 14” on a McElroy Tracstar fusion machine or similar.
- Experience in electrofusion welding with a GF Central or similar.
- Data logger experience is a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2+ years of construction setting
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Idaho, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer