Reporting to the Supervisor, Pressure Vessel, the Pressure Vessel Fitter is responsible for the fabrication and fitting of pressure vessels in accordance to company fabrication drawings, company standards and in compliance with industry process specifications and standards, while ensuring a Zero Harm work environment – ensuring all safety procedures, standards and best practices are strictly met and maintained at the same time.
- Fabricate, layout and fit pressure vessels (i.e., shells, heads, internal and external attachments) and install nozzles in compliance with company fabrication procedures, industry-standard ASME codes, WPS, WPDS and Quality Control Manual
- Read, follow and interpret fabrication drawings, specifications, welding procedures and other relevant instructions
- Fasten welded joints with equipment such as grinders, iron workers, drills and band saws via use of the Electric Arc welding process and equipment
- Install nozzles; cut holes and metal parts by using oxy-fuel and plasma torches
- Regularly clean, care and maintain tools and equipment to their highest quality standards
- Monitor, record and report any discrepancies and issues with parts including but not limited to malfunctions or defects to the Supervisor
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship with high-level quality and accuracy
- Zero Harm Safety – work safely and maintaining safety in all areas of the organization
- Performs all other duties as required as per company safety standards and program
- Journeyman Ticket in Boilermaker, Welder, Structural Plate Fitter, Steamfitter/Pipefitter or equivalent
- Good knowledge of common materials used in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience in pressure vessel fabrication an asset
- Excellent communication skills – reading, understanding and interpreting
- Valid First Aid ticket and other HSE-related tickets are asset
We ask that all qualified candidates email their resume to: [email protected]. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.