John Deere Turf Care is seeking qualified Welders.
In this position, you will:
- Perform ordinary hand welding operations.
- Care required in blocking, clamping, or holding parts in relative position to avoid distortion.
- Operate welding equipment, regulate current and voltage or gas and feed rate for proper fusion of metals.
- Inspect and test raw materials, purchased parts and components, in-process products, and finished products for quality, purity, or compliance with specifications.
- Extensive use of drawings, blueprints, and written specifications in coordination with precision measuring instruments, devices, or gauges to ensure conformance with standards.
- Compares finished products with parts lists or sample models to ensure accurate assembly.
- Checks for irregularities and defects.
- Record test data
- Check accuracy of gauges, scales, and other measuring instruments.
- Inspect a wide variety of parts and finished goods to very close tolerances for conformity to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Set-up parts on inspection platform or device; make a variety of gauging checks; and improvise methods for checking unusual parts.
- Use precision measuring equipment, such as micrometers, vernier calipers, gear calipers, gauge blocks, hardness testers, optical devices, indicators or meters, and CMM.
- Operate robotic/automated weld equipment.
- Performs training and fill-in when necessary.
- Receives general instructions from supervisor. Work is not closely supervised.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations in the performance of job duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Post High School Technical Training
- Production MIG (GMAW) welding experience preferred
- Knowledge of AWS welding symbols
- Capable of working in a self-directed manner and able to meet deadlines
- Possess strong organization skills
- Possess excellent communication and listening skills
We offer a very competitive pay and benefits package which includes:
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Employee Purchase Plan Rebate
You must preregister and complete our online application at:
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a division of Deere & Company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Welding: 4 years (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place