Sheet Metal Fabricator / Assembler
We are a leading exhaust fan manufacturer currently looking for a Sheet Metal Fabricator / Assembler to work in our sheet metal fabrication plant facility located in Brampton (Dixie Rd. and Steeles Avenue area).
- Utilize and interpret blueprints to determine how to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products.
- Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be assembled using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators, squares etc.
- Select the appropriate type and gauge of sheet metal to be used in various jobs according to specifications.
- Fasten joints and seams in sheet metal with solder, spot-weld, caulk, bolts, screws etc. ensuring work is done carefully and bonds will last longer.
- Setting up and operating various machines to cut, bend and straighten the sheet metal components.
- Use hand and power tools to trim, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance.
- Install fabricated assemblies in supportive frameworks.
- Ensure that efficiency is maximized while fabricating and assembling HVAC products.
- *High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Excellent math skills required.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Preferred 5-10 years’ experience in sheet metal industry.
- Some basic electrical knowledge required.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- RRSP / DPSP profit sharing plan.
Please submit your resume today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Metal Fabrication: 5 years (Preferred)