Ohmstede Ltd. is the only company that offers fully integrated turnaround and specialty maintenance services with state-of-the-art shell and tube heat exchanger fabrication and repair under “one roof.” We’re the largest U.S. manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers, including replacement tube bundles, channels and shells.
Perform combo welding of all components and complete exchanger units.
- Shell and component welding.
- Follow the parameters of the assigned WPS for each job (amperage, preheat & interpass temperatures, consumable size, and travel speed, etc).
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe manner, following EHS requirements relating to PPE and Safe Working Practices.
Perform personal quality control of your welds (required weld type and size, no undercut, buckshot, etc.).
- Perform grinding and/or cleaning of welds as necessary to achieve standards.
- Correct non-conforming welds as necessary.
- Follow weld shop practices relating to QC requirements and consumable traceability for each job/WO.
- Use broom and other cleaning equipment to maintain the work area in a clean, safe, and orderly environment.
- Perform other duties and welding methods as assigned by supervision.
Knowledge – H.S. diploma or equivalent; or equivalent experience, sufficient product knowledge/welding procedures.
Skills – Must read and write English language in order to read weld procedures and fabrication drawings and requirements. Must be proficient in at least 2 of the 4 required welding disciplines listed above (Basic Function) and able to pass ASME welding test. Heat exchanger job shop experience preferred.
Required Tools – Hood, steel measuring tape, wire cutters, center punch, gloves, ball pein hammer, hex key wrenches, adequate tool box.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled