Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in “Our People” and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Supplemental Health Insurance provided with premiums paid by the company
- Retirement Savings Plan with Profit Sharing
- Growth Opportunities
- Uniforms provided by Martin for shop employees
- Safety bonus for qualifying employees
What will you do?
As a Welder, you will be involved in the fitting and welding of metal parts and operating industrial machine tools to complete customer orders in a conveyor shop.
- Weld metal parts using MIG welding process
- Work from process sheets, blueprints or other written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Inspect welds throughout process and use grinding tools when necessary
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
Must be able to work scheduled hours of 4:30pm to 4:00 am Monday thru Thursday
- NOTE: Training will be 1-2 months on 1st shift schedule (7:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Thursday and 7:00 am – 3:30 pm on Fridays)
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation, this location is not on a bus route
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Ayr, Ontario branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning, and enjoy working with others, and continuing to make Martin great.
- Must have MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent schooling
- Experience with Flux Core welding a plus
- Experience with grinding tools, drill press ,and iron worker a plus
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Must be physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Must be able to work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
- General mechanical knowledge a plus
- Ability to work in a team setting