Welder – Fabricator
Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting is a non-union entity which offers a full complement of industrial equipment related services, site maintenance, rentals and skilled labour. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. Tundra takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be responsible for field fabrication welding where you will be required to follow all policies and procedures and legislation required to operate all equipment safely.
This schedule will be based on 10-hour days and five days / week. Working away from home will be required for this position. Paid travel and meal allowances supplied.
This position will be located in Central AB, surrounding area.
- Fabricate and install equipment in shop and on-site including; platforms, conveyors, belt bucket elevators and grain cleaning equipment.
- Use of various power tools such as welders, cutters, grinders and measuring tools.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or wear and/or damage of equipment to supervisor in order to facilitate corrective action and meet federal regulations.
The successful candidate will have;
- Journeyman Red Seal Welder Ticket preferred; Skilled welders will be considered
- Three to five years’ experience with custom fabrication welding and machinery and equipment repair
- Experience in the Agriculture Industry working with Grain Material Handling Systems an asset
- Knowledge of conveyors, belt bucket elevators, and gain cleaning equipment an asset
- Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawing specifications, manuals and processes
- Light to heavy lifting up to 50 pounds
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Effective, self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test may be required
With this opportunity, Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting offers a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume including in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.
Reference ID: Welder Fabricator – Central Alberta 2020-11
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Welding / Fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)