About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast. We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast. As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR’s financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is looking for Welder Foreman for a project in Alexandria, LA. This project will start mid October and will be six months long.
- Inspect completed processing systems to determine conformance to specifications.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned craft workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
- Interpret company policies to workers, and enforces safety regulations.
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Maintain time records.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Perform frequent safety inspections of work area, equipment, tools, and employees in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
- Appropriate journeyman experience is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled