Steel Container Systems, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking an experienced Welder to join our family-oriented team of hard-working, dedicated staff at our production facility in Cassidy, BC.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- Year-round, full-time work
- Compressed workweek (Monday to Thursday, 10-hour days)
- Group health/dental benefits after 3 months
- Paid vacation time
- Annual financial donations to volunteer organizations directly supported by our employees.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- $22 to $26 per hour, depending on experience.
Our ideal candidate has at least two years’ experience and isn’t afraid of a fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. We manufacture everything from small parts to steel gravel boxes, so speed, accuracy, and attention to detail are desired traits.
The main responsibilities of this role will include repairs, the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom container systems and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding, and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices at all times.
- Conduct repairs, modifications, and retrofits.
- Other assigned work as required.
- 2 years’ previous experience as a Welder.
- Interprovincial Red Seal or CWB tickets.
- Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal-Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer literate
SCS Steel Container Systems Inc. is a central Vancouver Island manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes and open-top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients. SCS services the Waste, Construction, Oil, and Gas, Forestry and Mining industries in Western Canada and Alaska.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- CWB, SMAW, or FCAW (Preferred)