Key responsibilities of the job:
- The Repairman will perform general mechanical repair of major and auxiliary plant equipment.
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to use small hand tools, various types of cutting equipment including oxy/propylene and plasma torches, welding equipment, wrenches, hammers and lifting equipment such as come-a-longs and slings to affect repairs on pumps, compressors, conveying systems, piping systems, gear reducers, chain drives and other various pieces of stationary equipment.
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, maintenance manuals, parts lists and other equipment documentation written in the English language.
- Formal training in mechanical maintenance, welding certification, long term experience in repair and maintenance work in a heavy industrial environment is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.96 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 3 years (Required)
- Mechanical maintenance: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)