Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Weld on metal structural or piping parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames in ship, barges and tugboats for maintenance repairs and new constructions.
1. Weld metal structural, plate and/or pipe in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and industrial components using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
2. Install simple systems without templates and blueprints. Enter and move through manholes to reach and work internally confined spaces.
3. Must be able to work effectively with others. Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates.
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Must be able to pass structural welder test 2G, 3G and 4G or pipe welder test 6G or 6GR on SMAW, FCAW GTAW or GT+SM on Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and/or Aluminum.
6. Must have regular, reliable attendance. Monday thru Sunday if required and overtime during the week.
7. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment: respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes, etc. when necessary.
8. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
9. Perform similar, incidental and any other duties as assigned.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-the-area and overnight travel could be expected.
Required Education & Experience:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent or three to five years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience practical welding experience, preferably within the marine and/or shipyard industry.
2. Must demonstrate knowledge of general hand tools as well as those common to welders (grinders, die grinders, angle grinders, basic welding machines, etc.)
3. Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) preferred.
1. Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections -Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions
2. Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
3. Occasionally the work environment may be loud.
4. Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
5. The position occasionally requires work in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and to vibration.
1. High performance and a strong team player.
2. Commitment to company values.
3. Detail oriented with strong communication skills
4. Bilingual English/ Spanish (preferred but not required).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orange, TX 77630: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location