**This is a hourly position on 2nd or 3rd shift in Sanford, NC with a starting pay of $22.89. There are no relocation benefits.**
As a Robotic Tech / Welder 3 at Caterpillar Inc., you will under general supervision, directly support the fabrication and machining of structures. This position utilizes tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, inspection, ergonomics and other duties as assigned.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform welding duties to perform welding duties including but not limited to:
- Manual MIG Welding
- Out of position repair of defective welds utilizing carbon air arc process, grinders, etc.
- Ability to clear common robotic welding system faults in all qualified work stations.
- Must be able to inspect own work including quality checks utilizing weld and attribute gages and other measuring tools.
- Mechanical job duties may include the following:
- Use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- General knowledge of manufacturing, methods, and processes
- Complete routine maintenance (wire change, tip/nozzle change) in all qualified work stations.
- Rotation to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Follows documented procedures, standard work, routings, and blueprints to perform safe and defect free operations
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Worker is responsible for process and final inspections
- Must be able to function as part of a team, willing to be multi-trained and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Must have effective communication skills
- Contributing team member
- Must have some welding experience
- Must have intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in reading and interpreting blueprints and geometrics.
- Must have intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Top Candidates will also have:
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- At least 3 years of welding experience.
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in MIG (Metal inert gas) welding.
- AWS CWI or CAWI Certification
- AWS CRAW Certification
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Robot Welding
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Programming languages, Computing hardware, Computing software and/or Integration
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) working with Standard Operating Procedures or Standard Work
- A trade certificate or diploma from an accredited school/program in Fabrication and/or Welding
- Additional education beyond high school
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to perform a root cause analysis
This is a hourly position in Sanford, NC with a starting pay of $22.89/hr plus night shift premium. No relocation benefits are available. Position will require overtime including weekends as needed. Resumes are encouraged for all applicants.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency with carbon air arc weld removal and must be able to pass the following AWS D1.1 welder qualification tests including limited thickness groove weld in 3G (vertical) position and limited thickness groove weld in 4F (overhead) position.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.