A&H Steel Vancouver is a rapidly growing businesses founded in 2019 as a minority owned subsidiary of A&H Steel, Whitewater Concrete, and Syber Concrete. A&H Vancouver is a rebar supply & fabrication company created to pursue a lucrative adjacency strategy, representing a geographic expansion by A&H Steel and a vertical expansion by Whitewater/Syber. A&H Vancouver, together with its ownership partners, provide a unique and disruptive solution to the endemic problem facing British Columbia’s construction industry with respect to the timely completion of the concrete formwork phase of large-scale construction projects.
The Apprentice Iron Worker is required to perform a variety of simple to moderately complex material handling including place and tie reinforcing material, join scaffolding, and perform post tensioning. All training can It is a requirement of this position to become a member of the Ironworkers Local 97 union.
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed,
- Erect and install scaffolding, construction cranes, derricks and other hoisting equipment,
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move materials,
- Attach cables from a crane or derrick and direct crane operators with hand signals or radios,
- Ensure all employees and visitors adhere to safe work procedures for the equipment being operated,
- Ensure good housekeeping in order to perform work safely and efficiently,
- Help ensure work is completed as scheduled.
- All training is provided however, experience working with Rebar is considered an asset,
- Current WHMIS, JLG, Fall Arrest and Confined Space certification is required, or ability to obtain certification (training can be provided)
- An understanding of safe work practices and the knowledge to safely operate the tools of the trade,
- The ability to work at heights,
- Forklift experience is considered an asset,
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team,
- Position will require exposure to heat, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration and industrial
- Physically fit to perform job tasks and to lift up to 50 pounds, and to stand 8 hours,
- Must be available to work full-time (Monday – Friday).
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits are as per the Ironworkers Local 97 collective agreement.
Raising the Bar. It is an attitude each member of the A&H team brings to every project. We are raising the bar for the construction industry, focusing on integrity, responsibility, authenticity, and making a difference (with your help, of course). We welcome and reward those who share this mindset. If you are a self-motivated individual and believe you have something to contribute to our dynamic team, we invite you to apply today.
Job Type: Full-time