Job ID: 5921
Welds and repairs heavy railway maintenance equipment and machinery in a heavy construction environment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts prior to assembly.
- Cuts materials to fit job specifications.
- Repairs and replaces defective equipment parts.
- Cuts materials using air arcs, burning rods and cutting torch to fit fabrication and job requirements.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on small and large industrial equipment.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- Operates equipment per safety policies, rules and regulations.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspects equipment, diagnoses problems and notifies supervisor of the need to the repair equipment.
- Keeps records and prepares reports of maintenance work and cost of work.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of welding experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Thorough knowledge of welding material and welding properties of various types of metals.
- Experience with MIG and stick welding.
- Ability to cut and fabricate and fit parts for machinery repairs.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to interpret assembly drawings and detailed welding prints.
- Ability to look at a problem and recommend the best and most cost effective means for repair.
- Ability to understand and follow safety policies, rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently works in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches.
- Uses hands to operate equipment and tools.
- Performs heavy physical labor; may lift/carry and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Exposed to harsh weather conditions including extremely hot and extremely cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise, dust and fumes.
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection as required by the company.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.