CAMERON STEEL is looking for a skilled PART FABRICATOR to join our growing Team.
Since 1975, we have been an employer of choice in the Kawartha’s. We are a Custom Fabricating and Machining facility, utilizing both CNC and Conventional Machine Tools to manufacture large, heavy equipment. Our reputation for quality workmanship and our ability to respond quickly to clients’ lead times, keeps our 75,000 square foot manufacturing plant busy.
We are looking to fill this job immediately, so it’s important that you can hit the ground running. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits and a generous vacation package.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
- Candidate must be well organized, self-disciplined, and have ability to work, either alone, or in a team environment
- Attention to detail is a must.
· Perform typical press operations in various directions (flat, horizontal, vertical, rolled or by mechanical means) to produce materials according to specifications and on schedule as per requirement (written, drawn or verbal)
· Change forming dies as required
· Clamping, holding, bolting, torch cutting, tack-welding, bending, deburring or grinding of parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements of the project
· Control the processes of forming to avoid problems in relation to distortion, expansion or shrinking of parts
· Preparing and setting up all necessary tools and equipment for forming
· Read and understand various types of drawings and their requirements.
· Measuring and confirming part dimensions and quality are to print
· Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
· Daily operator preventative maintenance of equipment
· Metal rolling equipment, brake press, shear is considered a strong asset
· Overhead cranes, forklifts
Cameron Steel is looking for candidates who enjoy utilizing a diverse set of skills and experience every day to help us continue to be a preferred supplier to our valued customers.
Shifts will be days 7am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday and afternoons 3:30 pm – 2 am Monday to Thursday. Must be able to alternate as required.
Salary: $20.00 – $24.00/HR – Depending on experience
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Metal rolling equipment: 1 year (preferred)
- Overhead Crane: 1 year (preferred)
- Metal brake press: 1 year (preferred)