General Job Description
- Welders will be responsible for the fabrication, repair and maintenance of structural steel and pressure piping systems per provided specifications.
Job Duties and Accountabilities may include,
- Interpreting welding process specifications.
- Fitting up and welding pressure piping and structural steel (shoes, supports, etc.).
- Reading and interpreting isometric drawings.
- Operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment, flame and plasma cutting equipment, grinding equipment (angle grinder, die grinder, etc.).
- Perform general checks & maintenance to supplied welding rig including cleaning, checking fluid levels, refueling as necessary.
- Performing other activities as directed.
Education, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have a valid welder trade credential recognized in the province of Alberta such as:
- Alberta Journeyman Certificate or Interprovincial Red Seal
- ABSA Alberta B Certificate
- Current CWB Welder Qualification (47.1 / SMAW/F4/S)
- Must pass a pre-employment weld test for:
- F3/F4 Carbon
- F5/F6 Stainless Steel
- Must complete client requirements for site access including safety training and alcohol and drug testing
- Proficient in pipe fabrication
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Climb heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs
- Strong manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Fall Protection
- First Aid
- Confined Space
- WHMIS 2015
- H2S Alive
- This is moderately strenuous work. Welders must be capable of performing repetitive tasks and may require extended periods of standing, crouching, crawling, or kneeling.
- There may be potential exposure to high noise levels and hazards associated with live operating plants, industrial sites and remote work locations.
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Thank you for your interest with On Site Projects Ltd. (“OSP”). We look forward to reviewing your application. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
OSP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSP complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 1 month
- CSTS 09/2020 Ticket (required)
- Fall Protection Ticket (preferred)
- Confined Space Ticket (preferred)
- Standard First Aid Ticket (preferred)