This position is responsible for brazing material for various metals in accordance with defined specifications and drawings for Parker Wellbore’s tools manufacturing facility in Houston, Texas.
- Brazes cutters on downhole drill bits, and brazes crushed carbide filler to drill bits and mills.
- Assist shop mechanic when needed, and performs general workshop maintenance.
- Keeps count of full and empty oxygen tanks, acetylene, welding leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Workshop Manager.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must possess the training and experience required of a Carbide Dresser to perform the functions of the job as shown above.
- Must have excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to recognize hazards, alarms and warnings and convey these to the proper personnel; and prepare daily reports.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must be able to assist with handling shipping documents and taking stock counts.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, regulations and company’s safety policies.
- Must be focused on keeping workspace clean and tidy, including sweeping and daily hose rollbacks.
- Must possess good reasoning ability.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Training and experience in the use of overhead trolley cranes is a benefit.
- Must possess the necessary certificates, licenses, and registrations to safely perform the functions of a Brazer.
- Must be able to pass brazing tests in accordance with company’s braze procedure specifications. Tests may be conducted at a third-party facility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77073: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Carbide Welding: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location