Morrow Energy is a privately owned conventional and renewable natural gas (RNG) processing equipment supplier headquartered in Midland, Texas. Morrow has built more high-btu RNG projects than any other domestic developer and is the only company in the U.S. that develops, designs, manufactures, operates, and supports biogas projects.
Under the direction of the Shop Operations Foreman and your crew leader, execute the required duties to fabricate (a) pipe, (b) pressure vessels, or (c) skids to the highest degree quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Coordinate with your bay leader and fellow coworkers to accomplish various job assignments
- Follow supervisor instructions and job drawings/specifications/BOMs to complete jobs on schedule and within the budgeted hours
- Execute your welding duties under the proper protocols/procedures, to the highest degree of quality, and in an efficient, effective, and safe manner (i.e. wire welding, Flux Core, stick welding, etc.)
- Welds need to range from simple tacks to complex welds performed in various positions
- Properly setup and maintain welding equipment by performing preventative maintenance
- Operate and/or use job related equipment and tools such as hoists, slings, grinders, cutting torch, hand tools, drills, punches and tape measures
- Reassemble parts using cutting torch and hand tools when necessary
- Follow company policy, welding procedures, and safety guidelines
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor as needed
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Have knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metals, and welding techniques
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively
- Be reliable, dependable, and able to work overtime when required
- Mechanical aptitude, have knowledge of how to use hand and power tools, drill press, grinder, etc.
- Understand PPE and be able to use it properly and when necessary
- Understanding of all company policies, welding procedures, and safety protocols
- Ability to master welding visual tests on varies positions with different processes to include, (2F) flat T-fillet weld with jet rod, (2G) horizontal mig weld, (3G) vertical downhill with 5P rod.
- Pass GMAW root pass with FCAW filler and cap 1G – 6G plate/pipe test
- Maintain minimal failures on NDT testing of welds.
- Proficient with a gas cutting hand torch manual pipe beveling machinery
- Ability to read a measuring tape and solve simple math fraction equation’s
- Exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Physical demand requirements require the ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and often lift loads in excess of 40lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Welding: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location