About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR’s financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking combo welders for upcoming projects in North Carolina.
Job Title: Pipe Welders
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lay out, position, align, and fit components together.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Detect, recognize, and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Certification at one or more levels is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled