You are a Red Seal Certified plumber and gas fitter, and are experienced working in the commercial sector (e.g. office buildings, retail, industrial or hospitality). You enjoy working on a variety of systems and large equipment, and are comfortable completing your scheduled tasks while people around you are also busy at their own jobs. Your ability to do everything from installs to repairs to ongoing maintenance will bring you pride in being part of the team who keeps our health care facilities in tip top shape for your family, friends, and community members. If you’re looking for a great work environment and caring coworkers, consider this opportunity with Provincial Health Services Authority!
What you’ll do
- Install and repair plumbing systems and building equipment.
- Maintain large equipment located within health care facilities, including dishwashers and steamers, laboratory glass washers and drainage systems.
- Complete a variety of welding jobs; repair and calibrate environmental controls for heating and ventilation systems.
- Conduct and record ongoing preventative maintenance for heating and ventilation equipment, stills and humidifiers by inspecting, cleaning, greasing or replacing parts as necessary.
- Assist other maintenance staff by completing minor building repairs and servicing as required.
What you bring
Qualifications and Certifications
- Commercial Red Seal certified plumber and gas fitter with Journeyman certification in:
- BC TQ in plumbing
- BC Gas Fitters Class B license
- Certificate of Competency, Cross Connection Control Specialist
- 2+ years’ recent, related experience
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Relatable experience includes: working as a Commercial Certified Plumber and Gas Fitter, Journeyman Plumber
Skills and Experience
- Reads and interprets blueprints and drawings with good understanding, asks questions when clarification is needed
- Organizes work with attention to priority tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with team members, other staff, and patients and visitors within the work site
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position
What’s in it for you
- Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full Time
Location 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Hours and Days 0900-1700;Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.