Working at CB (Canadian Bearings) means being part of a dynamic team, committed to collaborating with one another in the delivery of reliable solutions to our customers. Our culture is one of accountability, authenticity, and continuous development.
It is our vision to be a trusted supplier of industrial operations worldwide, and we are looking for skillful, enthusiastic, and customer-focused people to help us realize this vision together.
We are seeking a dedicated and engaging individual who is ready and willing to challenge themselves by utilizing their unique collection of knowledge, skills and experience in new ways in the following capacity:
CONVEYOR BELT FABRICATOR & SLITTER
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Properly and safely utilize belting and conveyor systems equipment (e.g. slitting machine) to fabricate industrial belting products.
- Perform product installations at customer sites, while representing CB and maintaining our exceptional standard of professionalism.
- Ensure all documented fabrication and installation procedures are followed; ensuring both safety and quality.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the Conveyor Systems team in all respects including coordinating customer visits, communicating product specifications, updating inside sales team on progress, etc.
- Observe and operate in conformance with all health and safety standards at all times and a clean warehouse area
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE CB TEAM:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a mechanical/technical related role.
- Valid Class G driver’s license required.
- Mechanical aptitude (technical knowledge and experience working with conveyor systems an asset).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office Suite).
- Knowledge of measurements (Metric and Imperial units) using various measurement tools and methods.
- Ability to manage priorities and deal with stress effectively
- Performance-driven; achievement-oriented
- Able to maintain and establish personal and professional credibility
- Self-disciplined and self-structured
- Ability to recognize and solve problems of a highly complex nature with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF THE CB TEAM:
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Personal & Professional Development Subsidy
- Employee Recognition Program
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities (access to LinkedIn Learning, product training, third-party personal and professional skills training opportunities)
- Constructive, engaging organizational culture
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced industry professionals
Our careers allow you to utilize your skills, knowledge, and experience while at the same time offering you a position that you will find both challenging and rewarding as you realize your potential and achieve your career goals.
Canadian Bearings is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Bearings will provide accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you are contacted for consideration and require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please indicate the accommodation required.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for applying to the Canadian Bearings team. Please note that applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates that are selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00-$49,000.00 per year
CB has implemented a number of safety measures to protect our employees and customers against the spread of COVID-19, including policies and best practices, installation of physical barriers, and physical distancing requirements.
- Secondary School (required)
- mechanical / techincal work: 1 year (required)
- Class G driver’s license (required)