Scovan is looking for a CWB Level 1 or Level 2 certified Welding Inspector c/w B31.3 and CSA W47.1/W59 endorsements to join our team in Ponoka immediately! This position offers stable, full-time hours with an opportunity to grow and learn from our hard-working team!
- Preferably Journey Welder or Pipe-Fitter. Non trades background applicants will be considered based on industry experience.
- Competent in visualling welds to the applicable code of construction and additional client requirements.
- Knowledge of piping fabrication and Piping Systems an asset
- Knowledge of Structural Steel fabrication and structural Steel erection an asset
- Able to read Prints, GA’s, ISO’s and P&ID’s
- Hydro Testing Knowledge. Able to build test packs, walk down tests, and witness testing
- Experience with NDE. Able to call up NDE for Structural and Piping and fill out NDE Logs.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work 4-5 days a week 10 hours a day with occasional weekends
- Must live within 80km from Ponoka, AB. Position is local to Ponoka, no subsistence, camp or travel assistance provided.
Why work at Scovan?
- Job Security – We have a high and consistent project workload
- Competitive Rates
- Culture of hard work, camaraderie, and safety
- Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Awards based on safety & recognition
- State of the art tools
- Opportunities to Grow & Learn
- On-site parking
Scovan Engineering and Gemini Fabrication announce that they have entered into an agreement to consolidate operations creating a single entity known as Scovan, forming an industry leader in innovative technologies, engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction management (EPFC) services for the energy sector.
The above description is not a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities of the role, responsibilities and duties may be assigned or adjusted at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39.00-$42.00 per hour
Work Location: One location