The CWB Welding Foundation is a public, national charitable not-for-profit organization that provides and manages a diverse portfolio of educational programs across Canada. These programs are directed at supporting the advancement of welding education and building awareness of current and future welding and related career and development opportunities among existing and potential students, educators across geographic and demographically diverse groups, and in partnership with industry and government(s). The Foundation is funded by external donations and by the CWB Group, with external donations increasing significantly in recent years and planned to become more significant in the future. The Foundation requires professional administrative support and liaison both internally (finance, marketing, staff support) and with external stakeholders (donors, sponsor and educational partners including successful and not successful grant and funding recipients) for its programs and other offerings. The Executive Assistant supports the Executive Director and the Board of Directors for scheduling, logistics, financial and operational plans and reporting, and inventory and supply management; and supports the Program Director and Technical Outreach Officers in their activities. This position works directly with the CWB Group Corporate Services team, most specifically, accounting and finance for gift processing and records.
This position is based out of the Milton office and will report directly to the Executive Director, CWB Welding Foundation.
- Board Liaison and Secretary, CWB Welding Foundation Board of Directors
- Take minutes during meetings
- Primary contact among stakeholders, Foundation Executive, and board members Management, implementation and monitoring of donor relations activities, contacts, records, financial status, stewardship and recognition communications
- Primary user and coach for the staff team in the effective and efficient utilization of Raiser’s Edge, as per implementation guidelines
- Administer and maintain records for the application and award/grant processes for each of the Foundation’s funded programs record new commitments, set up scheduled payments, prepare cheque requisitions for approval
- Scheduling and coordination of internal team meetings and cross functional team engagement with CWB Group partners
- Financial reporting as required by CRA and support of government funded program and project reporting requirements
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role
- Knowledge is required of gift acceptance and donor relationship management reporting and best practices.
- Administration and supervision/monitoring of staff in their training and use of Raiser’s Edge, the Foundation’s donor management system.
- Required to have expertise in advancement (not for profit) fundraising activities and the support of such and will support the prospecting and relationship development activities of the Manager, Fund Development.
- Not-for-profit, sales and marketing, business administration to include not for profit, accounting, advancement services, digital and database management
- 5 – 7 years: A minimum of 5 – 7 years related experience
- Attention to detail
- Calendar Management
- Computer Skills
- MS Office
- Written communication