Weaver Group Limited prides itself in providing high-quality production efficiently, on time, and on budget while maintaining a safe, professional work environment. Weaver Group Ltd specializes in Pipeline, Facility, and Civil Construction. We have grown from a single crew operation to a company that employs 500 full and part-time workers. With offices in Peace River and Grande Prairie Alberta, and Fort St John BC, Weaver is looking to add to our team!
Weaver Group has the following openings available for upcoming project work: Experienced Pipeline Welder’s Helper
- Comply with all regulatory safety protocol and attend on-site safety meetings.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Assist welder(s) to set up rigs and move between work areas.
- Ensure welder(s) have required materials and tools available, such as rods and grinding discs.
- Maintain stock levels of materials and supplies.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Follow welders’ instructions to adjust welding machine temperatures.
- Utilize buffers and grinders to clean welds.
- Operate various tools and types of equipment.
- Identify safety risks and hazards, and comply with relevant safety procedures and regulations.
- 6+ months work experience in a similar role.
- Proficient knowledge of all aspects of welding.
- Knowledge of various types of metal.
- Basic English reading and writing skills.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous.
- Able to work in a standing position for extended hours.
- Comfortable with working on elevated surfaces.
- Resilient to working in adverse climatic conditions.
- Available to work shifts and extended hours.
- Available to travel to remote areas for extended periods.
Education, Certification and Licensing Requirements:
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- At minimum, must possess current H2S, Standard First Aid Level C and CSO tickets.
Preference will be given to individuals local to the Grande Prairie area.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $22.00-$26.00 per hour
- Do you have the required safety tickets?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Do you have prior experience working as a welder’s helper?