We are hiring for a Full-Time, Experienced Welder. A boutique Real Estate and Development company is seeking a full-time, experienced welder with previous maintenance or construction experience to add to our construction team. We are a rapidly growing company, with multiple ongoing projects. We need someone with the following qualifications:
THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT POSITION FOR A TEMPORARY PROJECT, THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION TO HIRE AN IN-HOUSE WELDER.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates safety equipment, and uses safe work habits.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignites torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamps, holds, tack-welds, heat-bends, grinds and/or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examines work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognizes, sets up, and operates hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Ability to perform general construction and maintenance duties to help out the construction team when no welding help is needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of welding principles, processes, and difficult techniques requiring complete penetration and fusion of base and filler metals.
- Ability to maintain dimensions and tolerances to specifications, weld dissimilar metals, weld parts and structures that vary in size, shape and thickness.
- 4 years of prior maintenance or construction experience.
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $30.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
- Do you currently reside in Jacksonville FL
- Welding: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: On the road