Escape Fire Protection Ltd. is an established sprinkler contractor. We are seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need as a welder in our fabrication shop located in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- MIG weld various outlet fittings to different sizes of pipes.
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that weld’s were performed by a certified welder.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards
- Use of forklift
- Loading & Unloading Trucks
- Power Tools will be provided
- Use of plasma cutter to cut holes in pipe
- Cutting, threading & grooving of sprinkler piping
- General Shop Duties
· Driver’s license
· Reliable transportation
· Min 3+ years of MIG welding experience
· Level C Welding Ticket Required
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail- oriented
- Frequent wearing of eye protection, safety shoes and gloves
- Frequent heavy lifting
Wage is based on experience $22 – $25 / hour
- Full Time permanent
- 8 hour shift – 8am – 4pm
- Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- welding: 3 years (required)