Calian is a Canadian-based, publicly traded company that prides itself in its international reputation for excellence and long-standing history of continual growth. This opportunity is within the Advanced Technologies (AT) division, based out of our research location in the north industrial area of Saskatoon, called Calian Composites (formerly SED Research Inc). Calian Composites is an offshoot of Calian Advanced Technologies, focusing on the fabrication and use of advanced composites for satcom and other industries.
Recently, Calian has developed carbon fiber composite antennas for the next wave of high bandwidth internet-over-satellite. To continue the endeavor into cutting edge manufacturing technologies, we are looking for individuals who share our passion for new and innovative ideas.
To learn more about who we are visit our website and explore the Advanced Technologies section – www.calian.com.
Calian Composites is looking for a team-player that thrives in a hands-on environment to join our team as a Fabricator 1 to build innovative composite products. As a Fabricator you will be responsible for assisting with producing high quality products by ensuring accurate measurements, meeting product specifications, and maintaining safety every step of the way. You will make an impact by producing integrated composite parts that come to life to solve a technical problem.
- Fabrication of small and large composite parts
- Trimming and finishing work on parts
- Bonding of composite structures
- Final packaging & shipment
- Assist in the integration of these subassemblies into larger, more complex systems
- Quality inspections, aiding with laser metrology, and applying protective coatings with our in-house spray booth are tasks available to those who are willing to acquire the essential techniques
- A strong desire to learn new skills and working with your hands
- A positive attitude and inquisitive mind, with a keen eye for detail
- No prior experience in composite manufacturing required
Why Work for Calian?
- A collaborative, team-oriented work environment that promotes learning, collaboration, and skill improvement
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one sessions to support career development
- Robust company-paid benefit and pension plan with the option to buy company stocks
- Opportunity to make an impact by supporting work and projects that people depend on daily
- Flexible work environment and a culture that supports work and life balance
- Evening and day shifts available to match your lifestyle
Thank you for your interest in Calian!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Work Location: One location