Job Description :
Boart Longyear is seeking a Journeyman Welder to build and repair drilling equipment in the Saskatoon Shop. 5-10 years of fabrication experience and experience working with surface coring diamond drills and oil sands drilling equipment (mud rotary, air rotary, sonic drills) are assets in this position.
- Safety must be of the utmost importance
- Comply with Boart Longyear’s Golden Rules and Rules of the Road.
- Complete and maintain required training, example; BITS, First Aid.
- Housekeeping – keep work areas clean and organized including gear storage areas, etc.
- Teamwork – work with others to meet and where possible exceed daily KPI’s
- Respectfully communicate with co-workers, client and management.
- Comply with all Boart Longyear’s policies and procedures (I.e.: Fitness for Duty, Attendance Policies and journey management plans)
- Keep steel rack in order and organized
- Responsible for ordering steel as required
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for you and your co-workers
- Valid welding ticket (All position welding)
- Demonstrated Safety awareness
- Valid First Aid Certificate
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- The successful candidate will work in our Saskatoon Shop. Are you willing to work/travel/relocate to Saskatoon?
- Welding/Fabrication or related: 5 years (required)
- Surface diamond drills or oil sands drilling equipment: 3 years (preferred)