Field Iron Worker/Welder
Donald’s Machine Works is a leader for over 30 years in custom machining, welding and fabrication.
We are seeking a highly skilled, Field Iron Worker/Welder to join our growing company. In this position, you will be required to construct, erect, reinforce, repair, and dismantle pre-designed structural frameworks that serve as the foundations for functional or ornamental infrastructures such as hospitals, bridges, buildings, and towers.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
- Read blueprints, drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects with height, width or depth.
- Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the Donald’s Machine Works Handbook and in compliance with Safety Manual and OHS Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Three (3) years minimum Field experience in trade
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Must be physically fit
- Must Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions
- CWB Certified SMAW All-Position Welder.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Current Fall-arrest certificates would be an asset
- Current Man-Lift certificates would be an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)