In 2021, Eclipse Automation was named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh consecutive year by Deloitte – and that makes us a Platinum member. It’s a prestigious designation that we’re thrilled to uphold. We’re also a six-year recipient of the Growth 500 Award, celebrating Canada’s most dynamic and successful businesses.
What’s In It for YOU?
The Eclipse team is 900+ strong, working out of 17 locations across 5 countries and 3 continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. That’s why we ensure that they’re taken care of with comprehensive benefit packages that support the growth and well-being along with many additional perks such as:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Employee Gym, Free Snacks, Employee Events
- RRSP/DPSP Program eligible on day one
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Career Development & International Exchange
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move awaits!
About Our Shop-Based Teams
Our Shop-Based teams are the foundation of our organization: the builders, the do-ers, the movers and shakers, the ones that get the job done right – every time. They’re MTBIs, Electricians, Machinists, Welders, Fabrication Helpers and more. They’re experts at what they do and pride themselves on a job well done. Exuding passion and embodying teamwork, our Shop-Based employees lay the groundwork for everything that we do at Eclipse. That’s why we need team-players, high-performers, and dynamic do-ers just like you – the ones that love the work they do, that turn blueprints into high-technologies and concepts into realities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Eclipse Automation is seeking a Fitter-Welder for a fulltime day-shift position for our HQ in Cambridge, ON.
Reporting to the Fabrication Plant Manager, the Fitter-Welder will assist in development and implementation of fabrication manufacturing policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
The Fitter-Welder job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Experience fitting structural steel, plate work & custom fabrications
- Valid CWB tickets for MCAW, GMAW and GTAW required
- Must be able to pass CWB weld tests as required
- Must ensure all parts are prefabricated correctly within given tolerances
- Excellent blueprint reading skills & Weld symbol knowledge
- Experience with fabrication equipment (brake press, shears, ironworker, etc.) is an asset
- Experience working with and using overhead cranes and forklifts
- Capable of component layout and detailing
- Experience with jig making an asset
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Provides support and guidance to other members of the team with respect to technical ability
- Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier locations is less than 15% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs requirements
- Has successfully completed a Fitter-Welder’s Certificate
- Must have up to date GTAW, GMAW, MCAW certificates
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years of welding/fitting experience in a custom fabrication environment.
Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients, and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.