FITTER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Pass tack weld test in 3 F and 4 F positions with F4 electrode group.
2. Interpret structural steel blue prints (shop drawings). Simple columns and beams.
3. Be able to camber (heat or mechanical).
4. Heat straighten using torch.
5. Operate cutting torch.
6. Utilize impact wrench to tighten bolts.
7. Operate 90° angle grinder.
8. Operate overhead pendent controlled bridge crane safely and effectively.
9. Use magnetic drill, reamer motors and reamers for making holes.
10. Perform other duties as required by management.
WELDER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform FCAW and SMAW welding. Must be able to pass 1G test in FCAW on 3/8” thick coupon. Map 15mn to weld test coupon. Pass 1G test in SMAW group 4 electrodes on 3/8” thick coupon.
2. Grind with 90° angle grinder.
3. Operate overhead pendent controlled bridge crane safely and efficiently.
4. Read weld symbols and check weld size using weld fillet gauges.
5. Follow weld procedures as it applies to volts, amps and wire feed speed.
6. Operate air hammer to chip of slag.
7. Operate stud welder.
8. Perform other duties as required by management.
MACHINE OPERATOR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Must be able to interpret and inspect the cutting list of materials.
2. Must understand how to compare the grade of steel to OptiMizer cutting list.
3. Must know how to run the conveyor.
4. Proficiency is required with equipment and material handling (cranes, conveyor tables).
5. Machinist must have knowledge of operating material once on the transfer table.
6. Distinguish between sizes (length and width) of the beam and shapes (channel, s-shaped, misc. channel, tubing).
7. Knowledge of how to square lead end.
8. Understanding of the verification of job number, sequence number, and release number.
9. Operation of the saw and/or drill and knowledge of each function of the drill / saw.
10. Responsible for routine maintenance checks (filling coolants, grease joints ).
11. Having an “ear” for potential machine problems by being able to describe and diagnose the current machine issue.
12. Responsible for naming the piece after each cut.
13. Correct use and knowledge of measuring devices.
14. “Daily Inspection” of job, piece marks, and cut dates.
15. Must be aware and responsible of surrounding environment and safety orientated with this environment.
16. Perform other duties as required by management.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
Must be able to read tape measure to 1/16” increments. Must be able to read numbers, letters, and a dial face clock. Must be able to speak and understand enough English to follow basic instructions. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs over shoulder height.
SteelFab, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are encouraged to apply in person.
Applicants are also able to download an application here:
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please call 434-348-9021
All positions located ON SITE:
SteelFab of VA, Inc.
1510 Reese St.
Emporia, VA 23847
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
SteelFab, Inc. practices all CDC recommended precautions as well as any additional State and Local Government Orders. All PPE is supplied to employees at no cost.