Purpose: Secure components together using various welding processes. Create accurate welds that do not change the measurements of the component and will be able to withstand various types of steam, hot water, gases, lubrications, sprinkling, and industrial processing systems.
Work Schedule: Must have open availability any time and day of the week. Normal work period is Monday-Friday dayshift.
Essential Skills (must possess the ability to)
May include but not limited to:
- Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Select appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
- Apply knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Prepare material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
- Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, or gas welding equipment
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
- Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals, and/or blueprints and makes decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Visualizes objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work within precise limits and ANSI and ASME standards of accuracy.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Work within company policy as outlined in the H+M Employee Handbook as well as the H+M Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Five (5) years trade experience in trade preferred
- Ability to identify all techniques of welding (Flux Core, TIG, MIG, arc, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them.
- Ability to identify the requirements for various pipe welding tests and to produce X-ray quality welds that meet each requirement.
- Completion of welding certification for more than Single-Process.
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- See well (naturally or with correction)
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
- Work at heights
- 25’ Tape Measure
- Welding hood with hard hat attachment
- Sleeves or appropriate clothing for stick welding
- Whip with stinger
- Lineman pliers
- Inspection mirror
- 12” Adjustable wrench
- Cold chisel
- Chipping hammer
- Center punch
- Tool Box with Lock
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flux Core Welding: 6 years (Required)
- MIG Welding: 6 years (Required)
- TIG Welding: 6 years (Required)
- Pipe Welding: 6 years (Required)
- Stainless Steel Welding: 6 years (Required)
- Driver’s License or State ID (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations