A structural welder is responsible for the welding of metal fabricated parts by utilizing various welding processes and positions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Complete welds on various types of metal objects using an array of welding techniques such as SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding.
· Able to read and understand blueprints
· Fabricate Parts as per provided drawings
· Grind and de-burr metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture
· Assure proper fillers are being used based materials being joined
· Coordinate with field supervision for efficient installations.
· Daily workplace cleaning.
· Care and control of equipment and tools.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrable experience in SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW welding along with gouging techniques.
· Able to perform job duties which includes fitting and welding steel.
· Inspect welded surfaces to ensure welds meet the minimum size and visual acceptance criteria.
· Achieve good speed of execution while maintaining quality workmanship.
· Make adjustments to the welding equipment depending on the type of weld being performed.
· Operation angle grinder, burr grinder, chipping hammer, and other power and hand tools.
· Experience using jigs, clamps and positioners.
· Attention to detail.
· Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
·Receive job assignments from supervisor and carry out assignments as directed. Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
· Able to read a weld gauge.
· A minimum of 5 years demonstrable ability as a welder. Ability to pass a hands-on skill assessment.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen and background check.
· Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
· Standing-Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
· Walking- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
· Turning, twisting, bending and stooping- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
· Pushing and Pulling- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
·Reaching, forward and reaching overhead- These are essential job function/physical requirements.
· Climbing- Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
· Balancing, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing and seeing-These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed /required to work in this industrial environment is a safe and efficient manner.
· Lifting-Able to lift 50#.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and physical working characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Outdoor position in all-weather elements (hot/cold, rain/snow) may be needed but most work will be done inside.
- PPE Requirement: steel toed boots with metatarsal guard, safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs and proper gloves when working
- Exposure Issues: dust, fumes, possible high noise levels
SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy/childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics/genetic testing, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Come as you are, we embrace diversity!
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or tasks that may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Welding: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location