Role & Opportunity: York Fabrica Inc. is looking for a highly organized, self-motivated individual who is excited by the idea of joining a team of the most skilled tradespeople in the stone industry within the Greater Toronto Area. Since 1949 the York Marble Group of Companies has successfully dedicated its time and effort to setting the standard for high quality stone materials across the GTA from fabrication to installation. To maintain this high standard and stellar reputation, we take on only the highest qualified candidates to pass our knowledge and experience to. Upon employment you will undergo extensive coaching and receive mentorship from industry professionals with cumulative 200+ years of experience. If you are a hands-on worker with strong ethics, a good attitude, and attention to detail, we want you to join our growing family.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment throughout the production facility
- Use mechanical equipment to unload, move, store, pick and stage stone materials including: Diesel powered forklifts, Pump trucks/A-frame buggies, Overhead cranes with various attachments and accessories (5- and 10-ton capacity)
- Use automated, mechanical, and manual equipment to fabricate various stone and engineered products including but not limited to: Air and electrically powered hand grinders and saws, Automated CNC-Saws, CNC Routers and Water Jets, Sandpaper and resin polishing pads, Drills, oscillators, and other power tools
- Use various chemicals including glues, resins, and other cleaning agents to assemble and prepare materials
- Work to the quality standard set out by the Production and Assistant Production Managers
- Attend toolbox talks regarding health and safety and demonstrate adherence to a comprehensive standard operating procedures manual developed and enforced by the production management team
- Perform other various duties based on company needs and workload
Hours of Work & Pay Rate:
Day shift – 6:00am to 2:30pm (2 vacancies)
Night shift – 2:30pm to 11:00pm (6 vacancies)
Production and fabrication workers are offered overtime based on skill level and workload capacity. Overtime pay is offered after 42 hours of work per week. These extra hours are often offered in peak seasons in conjunction with the construction industry within the GTA.
Pay rates are experience and skill-based. York Fabrica also offers gain sharing, benefits and RRSP matching. Pay is deposited weekly.
Reference ID: General Laborer (Fabricator, Assembler)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift