Guspro Inc. has an opening for a General Welder/Fabricator. In this role the person will be fabricating, assembling, and welding metal ovens and other products.
What We Offer
- Full-time hours
- Friendly office environment
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Starting Wage: $16.00/hour
- Welds non-structural steel, non-ferrous and stainless steel parts as per supplied drawings.
- Able to weld in all positions.
- May pit and/or paint some parts.
- Reads drawings and sketches of work to be performed and laid out.
- Operates light metalworking machines such as drill presses to shape or straighten sheet metal.
- Fits and joins metal parts using riveter, welder or equipment to fabricate parts.
- Grinds and buffs seams, joints and rough surfaces.
- May perform other activities in the manufacture and assembly of products as required.
- Periods of restricted movement and concentration will restrict job mobility.
- Position requires frequent heavy lifting and repetitive motion for most of a regular workday.
- Regular afternoon and evening shifts comprise the incumbent’s work schedule.
- Job requires no on-going contact with external agencies/persons outside plant
- Other duties as required
- No welding certifications required
- MUST be able to read and use a measuring tape
- Incumbent will work independently and with a team to perform job tasks.
- Routine decision making skills are necessary to solve job problems.
- Individual must possess a co-ordination of fine and gross motor skills to operate equipment.
- Work temperatures will vary occasionally from normal comfort levels.
- Background and machinery noises will be an occasional aspect of this position.
- Work can be expected to be interrupted by co-workers and supervisors.
- Individual will be subjected to regular, unobtrusive supervision.
- Job exposes the individual to health risks related to environmental conditions, physical hazards and moving machinery.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- welding: 1 year (preferred)